Monday, November 25, 2013

And then they dated...

From the moment I went to college my parents, brothers, sisters, mailmen, friends, grandparents, doctors, teachers, aunts, secret admirers, uncles, cousins, facebook stalkers, classmates, arch-enemies, random strangers--need I go on--have been wondering and anxiously waiting for the day when will I get married.  Almost 10 years, and several tactful and tactless comments later,  I am happy to announce that I am still single. 

My favorite thing about being single are the comments from others.  I absolutely love when people have the perfect solution to cure your singleness, as if it were a problem.  "This is how I met my..." they say to you and then proceed to tell you some coincidental, unromantic, or cheesy story of how they met their significant other.  Which is nice and thoughtful of them, but at the same time what are the chances of their story happening twice in the exact same way. 

WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.  No two relationships will ever be the same.  Just like snowflakes :)  The best part about life is that you get to write and live your own story.  And there is no single perfect way to meet a person or to lure them in ;)

The key to being happy is to be grateful with where you are and what you have.  Being single, I have learned so many things and I am grateful for them.  If I were married, I would probably think the exact same thing.  So just try have fun with whatever stage in life you're in.

And in the spirit of fun, H has conjured a challenge to go on as many first dates in a year as our ages.  Since I am 27, I will need to go on 27 FIRST dates.  Between the 4 of us we will attempt to go on 100 first dates in 365 days--let the challenge begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment